Media Center Information and Resources
Loveland High School Media Center
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7am to 3:30pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 7am to 4:30pm
Carin Barrett: Media Specialist
Judy Petersen: Media Aide
Use the online catalog to browse the library collection at LHS.
E-books at LHS Media Center
|Online Books through Mackin VIA
Peruse the new collection of online books.
Mackin Via Student Guide
|Online Books through Follett Shelf
Browse the online books from Follett.
Thompson School District R2-J digital library where you can check out eBooks and audiobooks anytime, anywhere
To sign in, use your school login (the same user name and password you use to access Campus Portal and your server folder).
Books are available to read in different formats:
- With a browser
- As a Kindle book
- With Adobe e-reader
Download the instructions:
Check out these different databases linked from the ProQuest main page.
- eLibrary: Magazines, newspapers, books, websites
- eScience Library: Science content and tools, unique video and dozens of manipulatives
- History Study Center: Primary and secondary sources on global history from ancient times to the present day
- ProQuest Learning: Literature: Poetry, authors, literary works and criticisms
- SIRS Knowledge Source: Pros and cons on social issues
New! Try these databases:
Access to videos, instructional content, resources, tools, and professional development.
|World Book Online||
Media Center Policies
Check Out Information
|Items||For How Long||Overdue Fine|
|Books||2 weeks||5¢ per day|
|Books on tape or CD||2 weeks||$1 per day|
|Magazines||3 days||$1 per day|
|Reference books||1 day||$1 per day|
|Cameras||1 period||$5 per period|
- You may renew any book that hasn’t been reserved for someone else.
- Any overdue materials need to be returned before checking out other materials.
- Students with fines amounting to $1 or more won’t be able to check out materials until the fines are paid.
Resources Available in the Media Center
- Over 30 Computers with internet connection
- Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing programs
- Various school software programs
Computer Acceptable Use Policy:
When you turn in a signed AUP, you will be assigned a username and a password. You may get your username and password from anyone in the Tech Office (located in the library) or from any of the media staff.
Within our school, the guidelines for computer use are:
- No food or drink in labs or Media Center. Water is allowed at the tables.
- No online gaming/games that are non-educational
- No chat rooms
- Please keep personal emails and social networking to a minimum
- No purchasing
- No downloading music