We, as Peer Ambassadors, will strive to break down barriers and promote a positive environment by encouraging acceptance, growth and trust in the school community.
Who Are We?
- We are junior and senior students who work with the LHS school counselors to offer support and resources to our peers.
- We meet once a week during lunch or after school to receive information and training that will help us be effective in helping others.
What do we do?
- Mentor new students who come to LHS
- Help other students with school related problems
- Speak at middle schools to assist 8th graders with their transition to high school
- Participate on a panel or do activities in freshman focus classes
- Lead 9th grade Orientation Day with the Student Council
- Present on school and teen related issues in Health classes
- Serve as a Loveland High School leader
What qualities should a peer ambassador have?
- Confident communicator
- Good problem-solver
- Team player
- Responsible and committed
- Relate well with a diverse group of people
B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Team
The LHS Peer Ambassadors are starting an outreach program called the B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Team to support students and staff who are experiencing challenging times. We need your assistance. If you know of a student or staff member who experiences one of the following:
- An illness or health condition that results in absences from school for more than a week
- A death in the family
- Or if there is a tragedy at another school
- Please contact Mr. Brett Cain or Ms. Carolyn Guernsey
The Peer Ambassadors will follow up on your referral ASAP by reaching out to the student, staff member and/or the family with a card and small gift to let them know we care. Thanks for your help