Loveland High School KEY CLUB
Motto: “Caring: Our Way of Life.”
Key Club is an international volunteering organization set up by Kiwanis Club. Our purpose is to help our school and community and to have fun.
Meeting Times 2012-2013
We meet every Thursday in the library during lunch.
Meetings start at 11:05 so you can get some lunch and bring it to the meeting. Meetings generally last about 15 minutes so you don’t have to spend all your lunch time in meetings.
Lettering Hours Are Attached Below
2012-2013 Membership and Lettering Requirements
- You must pay your $15 in dues which supports local, district and international Key Club activities.
- You must have a parent permission slip to attend events.
- You must be at 50% of meetings.
- You must have 45 hours of community service. At least 20 of these hours must be at Key Club sponsored events. Personal hours must have an explanation of what you did and a supervisor’s signature.
- You must attend any required events. During the year a few activities may be deemed mandatory because of their size or importance.
How to be a member in good standing:
- Just do the lettering requirements except instead of 45 hours, it is only 35 hours.
- Do not sign up for an event and not show up! If you can’t go, find a replacement. Things do come up and if there is a problem, just let us know. If you sign up for but do not attend events three times, we will subtract 1 hour from your service record.*
Officers are elected in February each year. Any member can run as long as they have been an active key Club member the previous year. Officers meet after regular meetings each week.
Advisor: Loretta Martens