French Honor Society
Société Honoraire de Français
French Honor Society Link:
- “L'homme qui sait deux langues en vaut deux!”
- Sponsor: Toni Theisen
- The establishment of a chapter of the Société Honoraire de Français offers several potential benefits to secondary French students.
First, it provides an opportunity to recognize outstanding scholarship in the study of French language through selection for membership.
Second, the chapter provides a vehicle for focusing activities around French language and literature and also for encouraging member participation in the annual initiation.
The Société Honoraire de Français is affiliated with the American Association of Teachers of French. The Société Honoraire de Français is an academic recognition.
We do not have a club.
Activities are directed through participation in travel awards grants, the Grand Concours National French Exam and the Creativity Writing Awards. Occasionally there are a series of other competitions offered by the American Association of French.
Students are eligible to be selected as members starting with the end of French II. Initiation takes place in May. Once initiated students are lifetime members.
The following criteria are used to determine eligibility:
1. Student communicates with accuracy in French using interpersonal, interpretive and communicative modes at an above proficiency level
2. Student completes all tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
3. Student is self-motivated in the language.
4. Student is a risk-taker in the language.
5. Student is motivated to exploring cultural similarities and differences.
6. Student maintains an “ A” average in French.