FCCLA Family, Career & Community Leaders of America
Ms. Wright and Ms. Dettmann, Sponsors
FCCLA meets every other Thursday in room 209
LHS FCCLA – Heroes Happen Here!
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education.
Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through:
- Character Development -- Creative and Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Communication -- Practical Knowledge and Career Preparation
FCCLA Yearly Activities
|Root Beer Floats/Sundae Sales||Holiday bell ringing||Mini Golf|
|District Conference at CSU||Senior Resident Center: decorate, cards, games, etc.||Taco Tuesdays for Teachers|
|Harvest Hoedown Dance||Holiday||Valentines for Assisted Living Residents|
|Pumpkin Carving Contest/Corn Maze||Santa Cops||STAR Events and Academy Awards|
|Candle Fundraiser||Global Concerns – Reduce, Reuse,|
|Safe Teen Issue week||Leadership Workshops – Girls Morning Out Conference|
|Birthday Bags or Bear Huns and Children Book Drive||Ballroom Dance||Much More!|
Open to males and females who have or will be taking a Family and Consumer Science class –ANYONE!
- Attend chapter meetings
- Attend District Conference
- Attend State and national Leadership Conferences (if qualified)
- Participate in STAR event programs and earn recognition
- Member certificate
- Earn a Letter/FCCLA pin (upon paid membership and completion of requirements)
- Dues: $20, Chapter, District, State, and National (Must be paid prior to attend District and State events. Otherwise, payable until January 31st)
We are Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage and high hope.
For we have a clear consciousness of seeking old and precious values. For we are the builders of homes. Homes where for America’s future. Homes where living will be the expression of everything that is good and fair. Homes where truth and love and faith and security will be realities, not dreams.
We are family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage and high hope.
Red and White; Red stands for strength, courage and determination. White stands for sincerity of purpose and integrity of action.
FCCLA Motto: Towards New Horizons
FCCLA Flower: Red rose, which symbolizes a desire for beauty in everyday living
FCCLA helps schools by:
- Motivating and improving student attitudes towards the school and learning environment
- Connects school with community
- Integrate life skills into Family and Consumer Science by making school and life relevant
- Supports school activities
FCCLA DISTRICT, STATE, AND NATIONAL EVENTS
- VAIL Leadership Conference – September
- District Leadership Conference at CSU – October
- National Cluster Meeting in Jacksonville, Florida - November
- State Leadership Conference
- National Leadership Meeting – Nashville, TN
Why join FCCLA?
- Develop personal leadership skills
- Have fun through group experiences
- Develop a wider circle of friends
- Prepare for community and civic responsibilities
- Experience the satisfaction of helping others (peers, children, elderly, community)
- Identify student and community concerns, make decisions, and carry out activities
- Work with children and the elderly
- Improve home and family ties
- Scholarship opportunities
- Gain recognition for accomplishments and earn a letter
- School Chapter Officer
- District and State Officer
- National Officer
- To provide opportunities for self development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the fucntion of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and cummunity.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve golbal cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and assuming responsibility.
- To prepare for multiple roles of men and women in today's society.
- To promote family and consumer science and related occupations.