Athletic Secretary: Toni Morgan
For cancellations: Please check the schedule for each sport.
**** Please see each sport for updated information!***
***** ATTENTION!!!!! ALL ATHLETES INTERESTED IN PLAYING FOOTBALL THIS FALL!*****
THERE WILL BE A PARENT MEETING, MONDAY, MAY 13TH AT LOVELAND HIGH SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM FROM 6-8PM!!! PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND. THIS INCLUDES INCOMING FRESHMEN.
Click for directions to games played away from home.
2013-2014 Thompson School's Football Equipment Fee
With the continuous concern for the safety and always evolving equipment requirements. Thompson Schools will be implementing a $150 fee for every first time football player in the district. First time players consists of those student athletes coming from the middle schools or an upper classman that has not competed previously at the high school level, i.e. a junior coming out for football the first time. Exceptions from the fee would be: Students who qualify for free and reduced lunch, transfer students that transfer within the district who have already paid this fee, and those students who were already a part of a Thompson School District High School football program in 2012 and/or previous seasons. If you have any further questions. please contact the athletic director.
Download the schedule for the 2013 summer basketball practice.
2012-13 ATHLETIC CLEARANCE CHECKLIST
Download the Athletic Packet: 2012-13 Athletic Packet
The Athletic Packet is also available at the Athletic Office.
Please pick up the 2nd Emergency Card at the Athletic Office.
Athletic Packet includes:
- Physical signed and dated by a provider certified to perform sports physicals
- Parent permission to play sports
- Training rules signed by BOTH parent and athlete
- Athletic Injury Emergency Card (different from clearance card)
- Code of Conduct and training rules signed by BOTH parent and athlete
- Student Eligibility Information CHSAA form
- Blue clearance card (pick up at athletic office) must be signed by parent and student
- Emergency card - Available at the Athletic Office ( 2 cards need turned in for every sport)
- Athletic Fee - $125 per sport participation fee for enrolled students ( Yearly maximum per family is $450.00, $125 for middle school and $325 for high school).
- Athletic Fee- $175 per sport participation fee for non-enrolled (There is NO yearly maximum for non-enrolled
- All school fines paid - no clearance card will be issued to a student with outstanding fines.
- For those students who do not have medical insurance please read this information on how you can obtain it through the school district. Medical insurance is required to participate in a High School Sport.
- Medical Insurance through the school can be obtained through K & K Insurance.
- We will be encouraging parents to apply online using the web address below.
The web address is www.studentinsurance-kk.com
To Clear the Athletic Office for Practice:
- Fees paid by start of first official practice
- Current physical
- Signed consent forms, which includes parent permit for athletic participation and athletic training/conduct rules
- Signed athletic emergency cards (2)
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Passing Grades and carrying 2.5 Credits
Academic Eligibility for Competition: New Eligibility Policy for Athletes Starting Fall 2012(click here)
- Must be eligible by CHSAA, school and team requirements and academic standards
- Grades are checked on a weekly basis and each semester for eligibility during the academic school year
- Must be passing 5 full-credit classes for the previous semester as well as the current semester (equivalent of 2.5 carnegie units)
FALL CLEARANCE INFORMATION (BOYS GOLF, BOYS TENNIS, SOFTBALL, GYMNASTICS, CROSS COUNTRY, VOLLEYBALL, BOYS SOCCER AND FOOTBALL)
Fall sports clearance begins Wednesday, August 6, 2012, at 7:30 AM-3:00 PM in the athletic office at Loveland High School. To ensure participation, please be registered/cleared by August 13th, which is the first day of practice. Come early as lines will be long. Athletic Office is closed during lunch 12:00-1:00 PM.
For Fall Sports 2012-2013
- Practice Begins 8/13/2012 for CC, FB, GY, Soccer, VB
- Practice Begins 8/6/2012 for Golf, 8/16, 8/17 for Softball
- First Scrimmage 8/23/2012 for CC, FB, GY, Soccer, VB
- First Scrimmage 8/16/2012 for Tennis, 8/17 for Softball
- First Contest 8/30/2012
WINTER CLEARANCE INFORMATION (BOYS BASKETBALL, GIRLS BASKETBALL, WRESTLING, GIRLS SWIM/DIVE, CHEER)
Winter sports clearance begins Monday, Oct. 15, 2012, at 8:30 AM-3:15 PM in the athletic office at Loveland High School. All athletes please be registered/cleared by Nov. 9th to ensure participation, which is the first day of practice. Come early as lines will be long. Athletic Office is closed during lunch 12:00-1:00 PM.
For Winter Sports 2012-2013
- Practice For All Sports Begins 11/9/2012
- First Scrimmage 11/15/2012
- First Contest 11/28/2012
SPRING CLEARANCE INFORMATION (GIRLS SOCCER, BASEBALL, GIRLS TENNIS, TRACK, GIRLS GOLF, BOYS SWIMMING)
Spring clearance begins February 18, 2013, at 8:30 AM-3:15 PM, in the athletic office at Loveland High School. All athletes please be registered/cleared by February 25, 2013, to ensure participation on the first day of practice, (February 25th) . Come early as lines will be long. Athletic Office is closed during lunch 12:00-1:00 PM.
For Spring Sports 2012-2013
- Practice Begins 2/25/13
- First Scrimmage 3/02/2013
- First Contest 3/07/2013
See our Sports Tabs for Individual Sports Schedules
Please disregard dates and times of upcoming competitions displayed on the Varvee site.
Looking for LHS sweathsirts, shirts etc. We have them in the school store or Athletic Dept. Also, you can find items on these websites below.
Athletic Awards Nights 2012-2013
The following is a listing of the sports awards nights reserved for the 2012- 2013 school year:
***** Please note these dates are subject to change
Golf (Boys) TBA
Tennis (Boys) Wednesday 6:30 p.m. October 17, 2012 Library
Softball Wednesday 6:00 p.m. November 7, 2012 Cafeteria
Gymnastics Thursday 6:00 p.m. November 12, 2012 Library
Cross Country Wednesday 6:30 p.m. November 14, 2012 Cafeteria
Volleyball Thursday 5:30 pm. November 15, 2012 Cafeteria
Soccer (boys) Monday 6:30 pm November 26, 2012 Cafeteria
Football Tuesday 6:00 p.m. December 11, 2012 Café/Auditorium
Swimming (Girls) Tuesday 6:30 p.m. February 26, 2013 Cafeteria
Spirit (Cheer/Dance) Thursday 6:00 p.m. February 28, 2013 Cafeteria
Wrestling Monday 6:00 p.m. March 11, 2013 Library
Basketball (Boys) Wednesday 6:30 p.m. March 20, 2013 Cafeteria
Basketball (Girls) Tuesday 6:30 p.m. March 26, 2013 Cafeteria
Soccer (Girls) Thursday 6:00 p.m. May 16, 2013 Cafeteria
Golf (Girls) Friday 6:00 p.m May 17, 2013 Library
Baseball Friday 5:30 p.m. May 17, 2013 TBD
Track Wednesday 6:00 pm May 22, 2013 Cafeteria
Tennis (Girls) Tuesday 6:00 p.m. May 28, 2013 Cafeteria
Swimming (Boys) Wednesday 6:00 p.m. May 29, 2013 Cafeteria