NHS Seniors: Pick up Honor Cords
Attention National Honor Society Seniors! Please pick up your honor cords from Mr. Morrison in room 409 as soon as possible. Thank you!
Rosie Club, Thursday, May 23
Geometry in Construction Rosie Club meeting during lunch on Thursday, May 23rd! Don’t miss out on the lettering ceremony. Lunch is provided and dessert, too!
New NHS Officers
Congratulations to newly elected NHS officers for next year: President Kevyn J., Vice-President Kristina T., Secretary Gina G., Treasurer Reid M., Parliamentarian Brook V., and Publicist Kevin S.!
Rosie the Riveter Study Sessions, Thursdays
Rosie the Riveter Study Sessions will be held after school on Thursdays in the cottage from 3 to 3:30 PM. All girls are welcome to any Rosie the Riveter events!
B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Team
The LHS Peer Ambassadors sponsor an outreach program called the B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Team to support students and staff who are experiencing challenging times. The Peer Ambassadors will follow up on your referral ASAP by reaching out to the student, staff member and/or the family with a card and small gift to let them know we care. Thanks for your help!
If you know of a student or staff member who experiences one of the following:
• An illness or health condition that results in absences from school for more than a week
• A death in the family
• Or if there is a tragedy at another school
• Please contact Mr. Cain or Ms. Guernsey
The LHS FBLA Club had 14 placers at the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) District Competition that took place on February 6.
- 1st Place (State Qualifying) Marketing: Quinn and Callen
- 4th Place Entrepreneurship: Madeline, Riley and Hailey
- 4th Place Banking and Financial: Alyssa and Lindsey
- 4th Place Sports Management: Quinn
- 8th Place Chapter Nametag: Maggie, Brooke, and Nellie
- 9th Place Business Ethics: Orawan and Savannah
- 10th Place Personal Finance: Lindsey
NHS New Officers
Congratulations, new officers in National Honor Society for 2011-2012!
- President: Kiara G.
- Vice-President: Anne L.
- Secretary: Katie B.
- Treasurer: Sarah R.
- Parliamentarian: Pam J.
- Publicist: Karina S.