Physical Education at LHS
Any Body can be fit!
- Teach students the importance of physical education.
- Allow students to experience success with physical activity and exercise.
- Teach and conduct student assessment of their fitness levels.
- Reinforce and encourage students’ progress.
- Allow students to explore physical activity and exercise options.
“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”
-John F. Kennedy
- Students demonstrate competent skills in a variety of sports and activities.
- Students demonstrate the knowledge needed to perform a variety of sports and activities.
- Students demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to participate in regular fitness activities.
- Students demonstrate responsible behavior (sportsmanship, teamwork, enthusiasm and proper attire )in a physical activity setting.
1. Students know and understand the human body and its systems.
1.1 Know and understand the parts of the major body systems.
1.2 Know and understand the functions of the major body systems.
1.3 Know and understand how to take care of their bodies.
2. Students understand and use strategies for wellness.
2.1 Understand the importance of self knowledge for emotional wellness.
2.2 Understand the processes, responsibilities, and consequences of human sexuality.
2.3 Understand and use preventive strategies for maintaining wellness and managing risks.
2.4 Understand the importance of nutrition.